There doesn’t exist a woman on this earth who doesn’t worship her hair and yearn for a healthy black mane. If you tell them that there is a way that surely guarantees thick black hair, reduced hair fall and glossy texture, they would go to the ends of the earth to know what it is. Well, here we are to tell you that the answer is as simple as yoga!
Yoga is often seen as the set of exercises that can help with body flexibility, calming down your mind, breath control, dealing with body aches etc. But only a few are aware that some yoga asanas can also help you keep your hair healthy by reducing hair fall and promoting hair growth. Isn’t that shocking! Yoga is a holistic exercise which, if practiced regularly can keep you young and healthy for a long time.
Health Shots spoke to popular yoga instructor Shani Dayal, who demonstrated 4 yoga asanas which can be absolutely life-changing for your hair. In these poses, your scalp touches the floor and you are almost in an upside down position. This increases the blood flow in your scalp and promotes hair growth.These inverted yoga poses also improve the blood circulation to all the sense organs on your face. Here’s how to do these poses, as explained by Shani:
Hare pose (Sasangasana)
- Sit on your heels. If it is uncomfortable, you can sit on a cushion as well.
Slowly drop your head to the floor so that your forehead touches the ground.
- Keep your hands, facing backward, adjacent to your legs and slowly begin to roll yourself up by bringing the crown of your head to the floor.
- Keep your eyes closed and stay in this position for a few minutes.
2. Downward facing dog pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- On your mat make a dog pose by balancing your body on your hands and knees. Your hands should be shoulder width apart and your knees should be hip width apart.
- From here curl your toes under and begin to push your hips and back
- Hold this position for 5 breaths.Also read: 5 yoga poses that make your hair grow faster and voluminous
3. Forward fold pose (Uttasana)
- Bend forward and touch the ground with your hands.
- It is okay if you want to slightly bend your knees for your own comfort.
- Fold your arms in a criss-cross manner, bend your head down and look back or close your eyes.
- Hold this position for 5 breaths.
4. Shoulder stand pose (Sarvangasana)
- Lie down on your mat and press your hands and shoulders against the floor.
- Use this force to push your legs up in the backward direction.
- Support your back with your hands, and gently straighten your legs by pointing your toes towards the ceiling.
- Hold this position for 5 breaths and relax.
If you find Sarvangasana difficult, then you can try its easier variation by lying down on your mat, putting your legs up and holding them in the air. It is okay to relax your knees, if it gets hard.
Ladies, go break a leg with these yoga poses to avoid breaking your hair.