The goodness of peanut butter makes everything nutritious, wholesome, and delicious. One can enjoy peanut butter recipes to satiate their sugar cravings without the guilt. The best part is that peanut butter is a low-carb, low on sugar ingredient which is a rich source of fiber and protein.
Health Shots spoke to Mukesh Ghuraiya, diet specialist, and the chief marketing officer, Modi Naturals Ltd, who curated some lip-smacking peanut butter recipes that will keep you healthy and guilt-free.
Wear your aprons and make these 4 peanut butter recipes:
1. Peanut butter and chocolate brownie bar
Creamy Peanut Butter- 250 gm
Crushed Dark Chocolate- 200 gm
Flour- 100 gm
Brown Sugar- 300 gm
- Keep aside 60 gm each of the creamy peanut butter and chocolate. Heat oven to 180 degree Celsius and line a 25 cm square baking tin with baking paper. Slowly melt remaining creamy peanut butter, chocolate and sugar in a frying pan, stirring at times, until the sugar has just about melted. Resettle the mix into a dish to cool off slightly.
- Melt prearranged creamy peanut butter in the microwave on medium for 1 min, or in a frying pan, until melted, then pour over the brownie. Bake for 20 minutes until it has a layer, but the middle still looks moderately unbaked.
- Melt prearranged chocolate, spread over brownie, then refrigerate in the dish before cutting into square shapes.
2. Peanut butter smoothie
250 ml milk
1 chopped banana
30 gm creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp rolled oats (Optional)
Nip of cinnamon (Optional)
Nip of nutmeg (optional)
Swish all the ingredients at the same time in a food mixture (one suitable for crushing ice) until smooth. Pour into a large glass and present.
3. Peanut butter spicy noodles
Creamy Peanut Butter- 4 Tbsp
Soya sauce- 3 Tbsp
Honey- 1 Tbsp
Noodles- 250 gm
Chicken Stalk- 200 gm
Finely Chopped Ginger- 2 Tbsp
Crushed Garlic Pods- 3
Diced Green Onions- 3
Peanuts broken into small bits- 100 gm
Red Chilli paste- 2 Tbsp
- Boil a large pan of water , then add the noodles to it and cook till the noodles become soft and tender, and drain the excess water.
- In a separate small saucepan add the chicken broth and rest of the ingredients – soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, chilli paste, crushed garlic and chopped ginger, and slow cook over low heat ,till the peanut butter completely liquifies and forms a paste with the chicken broth.
- Then add the ready noodles to the dish , stir and mix carefully till the noodles are well coated. Finally garnish with the green onions and peanuts.
4. Gooey Peanut Butter Cake
Peanut Butter Creamy – 3 tbsp + 3 tbsp ( for layering )
Large eggs – 4
Butter (softened) – 200 gm + extra for greasing
Golden Caster Sugar – 250 gm
Natural Yogurt – 150 gm
Self-rising flour – 200 gm
Roasted Peanuts (salted) – 50 gm
Icing Sugar – 1 tbsp
Milk Chocolate (chopped) – 100 gm
Toned Milk – 2 tbsp
Carnation Caramel – 3 tbsp
- Take a non-stick sandwich tin and butter it well and line it with circles of baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Beat the butter thoroughly with an electric hand beater, and add 3 tbsp peanut butter, yogurt, eggs, and sugar together until the batter becomes smooth & creamy. Fold in the flour, using a spatula spread the mix between the tins. Now bake it for 25 mins until risen and gets golden.
- In the meantime, put the icing sugar and peanuts(salted) with half tsp water until well coated and sticky. Spread it out on a non-sticking baking sheet. When the cake is ready, leave it to cool-off for 15 mins until cooled completely. Turn the oven up to 200 degree Celsius, and roast the nuts well for 10 mins, toss them well a couple of times until the color gets golden and coated in a caramel. Spread them into a mildly buttered plate.
- In parallel, prepare the topping for the cake while melting the chocolate and milk in a pan over boiling water, then stir to melt and leave it to cool off.
- Toss one of the cake sponge in a serving plate and spread 3 tbsp of peanut butter or as per the taste on it, add the carnation caramel layer, spread it using a table knife.
- Lastly, put the second cake sponge over it to form a sandwich, and garnish it with the chocolate topping. Sprinkle it with caramelized peanuts and voila!